Pella has a history of sustainability, and we’re committed to protecting the environment, including locally in Tucson. Whether that’s through our internal business practices or selling energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help strengthen the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll see the benefits all year long.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 offers the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with selections based on specific climates. The styles below offer our best energy efficiency and protection from the elements year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 features insulating double-pane glass with two coats of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to add energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also offers insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler when it’s hot outside. This option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Call your Tucson Pella Showroom to learn about more insulating glass styles or our recommendations for the Tucson region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can determine energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass translates to more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between our glass panes to give extra insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home when it’s hot and inside the room during the winter months; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Tucson Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products strengthen your energy efficiency, including:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- One-of-a-kind snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to prevent the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.