Cooler temps are heading our way in Tucson and when the temperature drops, the energy costs can often increase. There are several things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful regardless of the season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors provide during Tucson winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Tucson experts a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to come into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Tucson.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Tucson a call at 520-428-0648 or visit our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.